Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Today is life


You have heard the saying Ïn the midst of life we are in death¨ these words have recently been brought home to me by the sudden death of 2 people I know. We are not talking old or sick here but young, healthy creative people. The reason I am telling you this is that we spend so much time moaning about if only I had.........Why didn´t I.............. Why can´t I.............I need to be rich, I need the latest car..I need ...I need....You need to feel life, don´t waste precious energy on the materialistic things in life...Life really is too short....enjoy each minute of every waking day for it will not be repeated, and you will not have the opportunity to relive it or change it. I remember as a child thinking older people always die first....wrong.....very wrong. If you are fortunate enough to have good health then you are very rich, but good health doesn´t guarantee life, life is fragile..nurture it. Discover each day for what it offers, take joy in the small things..... you may find you will be surprised.
Yesterday is but todays memory and tomorrow todays dream¨¨ Khalil Gibran
Today is what it is all about.
Light a candle today for someone you have lost

2 comments:

TheCleaningWoman said...

I light a cyber candle here for someone dearly loved lost many years ago this weekend. Always sadly missed.

signing as said...

Thank you CW. I too will light one