Monday, August 28, 2006

Memories are made of this

The wife of a friend I visited had the most beautiful orchids in her house and I watched as she collected the fallen flowers.
As she went to place them in the bin so I took them from her, ....the orchids were dying she explained...but still the fallen flowers were strong and beautiful...I placed them carefully in my glasses case and later placed them in a bowl of stones and candles, and they were truly beautiful. They continued to shine for several more days, afterwhich I pressed them in my favourite book...a memory of that day.
We are all of us dying at sometime in our life...but we also remain beautiful to the very end.
A pressed flower or a reminder of a special person are valuable things...memories are made of this.

1 comment:

fjl said...

Thankyou, as ever xx